My plan was to get to Liberty Bar at 930am in order to get a table for the US game. When I called Liberty earlier in the week I was informed it was first come first serve and that five large groups had already called to try and reserve tables. I rushed over and I had real concern that the place would be packed. I was the first guy in the place, the waitress was clearing chairs off tables.
I was looking forward to the Argentina v. Nigeria game for a number of reasons but mostly because the best player in the world was involved. Argentina created all the best chances and Maradona managed to get most of his forward options on the field in an easy 1-0 victory.
Around 12:30 it really started to pick-up at Liberty. As it got more crowded USA chants and slow claps became the norm.
As game time approached things became more and more tense.
No comments:
Post a Comment